June 2019, 4-12, Bordeaux
At a time with legions of competitions, where rivalrly and elimination seem to be decisive drivers of success, Quatuor à Bordeaux has chosen to reverse the trend by favouring the long term; the ensembles invited have the opportunity to show all aspects of their talent by peforming concerts, not rounds.
This is why the programs are entirely free: the only oblmigation is the duration of each concert. It is a radical change of perspective: it is no longer a matter of comparing – in order to better eliminate - but quite simply of listening and therefore of having an opinion... which will be stated by the Committee in charge of appointing its favourite quartet.
Thus was born the 2019 Bordeaux International String Quartet Competition: three series of concerts for each ensemble, almost four hours of music drawn from the magnificent repertoire of this musical genre.
The public will meet young and wonderful talents at the Théâtre des Quatre Saisons and at the Grand Théâtre, contributing to the diffusion of the greatest pages of our musical heritage, beneficial recourse for those who abandon themselves to it.
Is competition also rivalry? The world is not perfect, we know that... but the celebration will be beautiful!
Festival Musique de Chambre de Mantoue - Italie / Mantua Chamber Music Festival - Italy
Quatuor Diotima - France / Diotima String Quartet - France
Société de Musique de Chambre du Lincoln Center, NY - Etats-Unis / The Chamber Music Society of Lincoln Center - United States
Philharmonie de Paris - France / Philharmonie de Paris - France
Quatuors à Bordeaux - France / Quatuors à Bordeaux - France
Philharmonie de l’Elbe, Hambourg - Allemagne / Elbphilharmonie, Hamburg - Germany
THE VIRTUAL COMMITTEE
A group of music professionals from all over the world who attend Bordeaux 2019 in person or through streaming.
- concert agents
- specialized press
- theatre directors
- concert promoters
- music teachers
The competing quartets know that they are performing in front of a large audience of decision makers who can help them in their career. Members of the committee are offered the unique chance to discover new talents.
- 3 years international concert tour organized by CLB MANAGEMENT* and its partners to be assigned to one (or more) of the participating groups.
- Prize ADAMI: € 4.000,00
- Prize Festival Escapades Musicales: € 3.000,00 + concert in Andernos les Bains, 29 June 2019
- Prize Simon Buchou Photographie: pro shooting session (Cf. Gallery Quatuors à Bordeaux)
- Prize ICART - Bordeaux Art Management School: social networks and média consultancy (www.icart.fr)
- Prize T’Edith: Ladies concert outfits (www.tedith.com)
- Prize Boutique 5, Rue du Temple: Gentlemen's concert outfits (www.5ruedutemple.com)
- Prix Pétrusse: designer stole - special création for 2019 competition (www.petrusse.com) for each member of quartet winner of the prize Petrusse. Extra award: all artist and all committee members will receive a piece of the collection
THE CONCERTS TOUR
update: January 2019
subject to variation